In the period 2014-2020, the RIS3 (Research and Innovation Strategy for Smart Specialisation) of the Region of Murcia was launched, which made it possible to implement efficient territorial development policies through R&D&I. The new RIS4 Region of Murcia emerges as a result of the experience of the deployment of the RIS3 to face the new challenges
In the new period 2021-2027, the commitment of the Region of Murcia to research and innovation for Digital Transformation, and especially for Sustainability, must be visualised even more. For this, the RIS3 Strategies evolve towards the Research and Innovation Strategy for Smart and Sustainable Specialisation, RIS4 (Research and Innovation Smart Sustainable Specialisation Strategies).
The new RIS4 incorporates the shared vision of the agents and takes into account the rest of the actions of the Region of Murcia, the national and European context. Its areas of specialisation are classified as: leadership, potential, tractor activities and enabling technologies, ICT and others.
Facilitate through an ‘Entrepreneurial Public Administration’, together with the rest of the Regional Ecosystem of Research and Innovation, the economic transformation of the Region of Murcia, through policies and targeted actions based on innovation and the international positioning of universities, research organisations and regional companies in global value chains.
Strategic Lines and
- Promoting the generation and transfer of knowledge, and the assimilation of advanced technologies.
- Promoting entrepreneurship and the creation of companies by valuing knowledge.
- Strengthening the training and specialisation of human resources.
Internationalisation. Open economy
- Supporting the economic and knowledge capacities of the Region of Murcia and its integration into the global economy.
Hybridisation. Cooperation and networks
- Promoting cooperative and multidisciplinary R&D among all public and private actors.
- Encouraging networking and participation.
- Promoting innovative culture and social innovation.
Region of Murcia
The RIS4 Region of Murcia will be supported by various regional sectoral innovation strategies, plans and policies, as well as other initiatives to address the consequences caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and the recent war conflict between Russia and Ukraine.
- Strategic plan of the Region of Murcia
- Regional Science, Technology and Innovation Plan
- Regional strategy for vocational training and lifelong learning
- Industrial Plan of the Region of Murcia
- Regional Digital Administration Strategy
- Strategy Murcia industry 4.0 / industry 5.0
- Ágora DIH Strategic Plan Region of Murcia
- Regional map of digital and technological skills
- Regional plan for recovery and transformation
- Diagnosis of regional circular economy strategy
- Technology Centres Strategy
- Regional Digital Agenda
- Health: new therapies, accurate diagnosis, cancer and aging and infectious diseases.
- Culture, Creativity and Inclusive Society: genesis of the human being, cognition and language.
- Security for Society: inequality and migration, the market and its tensions and the protection of society and cybersecurity.
- The Digital World, Industry, Space and Defence: Artificial Intelligence (AI), Next Generation Internet, Robotics, Physics, Mathematics and Communication Networks.
- Climate, energy and mobility: climate change, decarbonisation, mobility and sustainability.
- Food, Bioeconomy, Natural Resources and Environment: from biodiversity to use.
EU budget and next generation
- Renewable and clean energies
- Sustainable transport and charging stations
- Digitisation of public administration
- Education and training in digital skills
- Energy efficiency of buildings
- Broadband Deployment
- Cloud Data Management
Cohesion policy and the ERDF
- A more competitive and intelligent Europe, promoting innovative and intelligent economic transformation and information and communication technologies.
- A more social and inclusive Europe, through the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights.
- A more connected Europe, improving mobility.
- A Europe that is closer to its citizens, promoting the integrated and sustainable development of local initiatives.
- A greener, low-carbon Europe, promoting a clean and equitable energy transition, green and blue investment, the circular economy, climate change mitigation and adaptation, risk prevention and management, and sustainable urban mobility.